Friday 16 October 2009

A Passing Shower

The sun gleams down hard
I squint my eyes to see
dry leaves and parched land
it is as still as it could be.

Just then a gust of wind picks up
blows away all despair
I can see you smile at a distance
and feel your coming in the air.

The drizzle turns to a downpour
you choose to stay a while
I listen to you,mesmerized by
your kind eyes and your gorgeous smile.

We talk for hours together
your sweet voice against the pane
the rain washes away all dirt
and the world is new again.

Slowly the words die down
as we share things,said and unsaid,
and retire for the night
with a light drizzle and the star gaze.

Time flies and the dawn breaks
still in dreams, I refuse to wake
while you pack and hastily leave
too busy to even tell.

The sky is clear now
the clouds having long gone.
Ah! I know this feeling
I know it too well.

This is how I have known things to be
I take comfort in the familiarity,
Once again I went to bed with a dream
only to wake up to reality.

I am glad you came by
though you didn't belong to this hour,
you were just another one of them
you were just a passing shower.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! mohit i cant believe u wrote this..its damn nice yaar...and sweet too (unlike u) kiddin...well written :)

Dhandal said...

Loved every line of it! So i wont ask who's the protagonist ;) no fingers raised at the author what so ever :P

Dhandal said...

Who, wht, where is the neev (source) of inspiration from?
Wonderful! Keep writing!

Dhandal said...

A journey, a beautiful one, woven perfectly in words.

PS: which movie is it been inspired from? i know u useless fello wont take 'her' name :P

PC said...

@moon: thx moonie :)ya i can be sweet at times u no :P different shades of mine ;)

@dhandal: thx andy :) well this time the inspiration is no movie...its jus a freeze frame i have in my head and an idea of a character(we all live arnd ideas afteral :P )..its jus woven around him...creativity u c :P therez none that stay..all passing showers :P hehe...wen som1 is worth naming u will be the first to know :)

Dhandal said...

hello, all these comments were for all your different posts. how come they all got into one????

PC said...

hey i donno...i ju saccepted all od them :P u had only put them all on one post!! :P

Priya Joyce said...

something is going on...in someone's heart umm mind :P
fabulous is the perfect word i guess hehe :)

Abha said...

its a poem,unlike what i write(poem-like) :P
loved your title and your mood aswell ;)

The Dreamy little Kid said...

A beautiful poem...

Im proud of you, bachche... :)

Unknown said...

just loved ur poem!! beautiful..

Priya Joyce said...

beautiful....

kil said...

Ammmmmmmazing Moh!! Superkool ya!! I neva knew dat ders dis cute lil romantic poet hidden inside u! :)

simply me! said...

Super! Just loved it! checked ur blog after long and watte post! :D n yes please tell us if somethings cooking! :P ;)

PC said...

@simply me: thx :) ofcorz i will tell u...first let somethin cook :P rite nw m in eatin raw kinda mode ;) :P
@swag: well there are many things that u don no bout me.. :P keep discovering ;)

itsme said...

hey! yes as u had said I read this one and its the best till now...good going and being with u I go to know that u like being mysterious as well as charming...bravo! :)