Tuesday 15 September 2009

The Sunshine Smile

Hello people,

This blogging thing is addictive man!! :P Everything (creative or not) that goes arnd in my head i feel like puttin it up here. What follows is a small piece i wrote(in the wee hours of morning,after watching the movie,once again!). Inspiration drawn from Mark(a character in the movie 'Love Actually' , who totally loves this gal Juliet(keira knightley) but at best can just play the bestman at her wedding with his best friend Peter). I really like this guy Mark. Other than being great looking he has this understated charm about himself...and well miss Knightley and her sunshine smile...gorgeous!!Some lill bits are made up(call it creativity :P ). Neways, this one is for you Mark :)

The Sunshine Smile

Aah! What lovely day it is
joyous people all around,
from the end of the aisle you enter
walking angel in a wedding gown.

To see you float towards me
my mind so fondly wanders away,
to the days when u were
the only reason for me to stay.

On the way back home
you would often describe this day,
I hope it is all you ever wanted and more
and that you are happy in every way.

As for me, I look fine too
very soon though I shall be gone.
I did the best I could
cudn't better though being the best man.

I loved with all I knew was love
But never could go the extra mile.
I would like to shout as he leads you out
for the last time see the sunshine smile.

Hehe, reading it again it sounds so kiddishly rhyming :P Neways, I really hope he dates the gals he planned to before the next christmas ;)

Its been a mixed couple of days....India won!!Federer lost :( :( and my neighbour cum good friend is soon gonna get a bike!! :D and there is a seemingly great Asimov waiting to be read.So I would say its regular days here.

So long people,
PC

6 comments:

The Dreamy little Kid said...

Love Actually... !!
The placards scene was too good... :)

So you really like Mark eh ?
Nice... ;)

Ektho will get a bike ? Sure ?
Lets see how many days it will last... :D

PC said...

i love Mark ;)
hopefully(for us that is :P ) he will..it better last a lot ;)

The Dreamy little Kid said...

Yup... at least till our final year gets over and we go on a few trips... ;)

Priya Joyce said...

Some gud lines out ter...
well I haven't watched the movie yet i got the feel...

:):)

u've got a nice space here...:)

simply me! said...

Good poem..n rhyming is nice! :) havent seen the movie yet but with the description u have given..Mark's character is pretty clear!Must be so difficult in reality na!
n the blog is all urs u should really put whatever is going around in ur head! :)

Abha said...

its such a beautiful poem...finally we get to read ur wonderful writing here.as you know i have always been a fan of what you write.
Rest assured,any girl will fall for you after reading this.Keep writing! :)