Saturday 18 December 2010

A cold silent night

Deja vu it is
mirror deja vu if I may,
things that have happened before
with me on other side of the play.

Too pleased with the perfect weather
go a little far did I
reminds me of the cursed mariners,
the still winds and the painted sky!

As the night grows dark
the sails dead still,
I take a deep breath to brave
the biting cold, the numbing chill.

Maybe it is only fair
maybe this is what closes the loop,
as I battle random thoughts
ungrateful nights and the beautiful hoop.

I didn't let it happen then
shall today not be done to me,
for all the calls that have gone bad then
today I shall just let things be!

It must be so at least once
good for me it is, I am told
Ok! Alright! I smile wry
as I try harder to hold.

I know not how long it shall take
know not when there shall be light
I close my eyes and smile
as I slowly dissolve into the cold silent night.

No comments: