Wednesday 10 November 2010

Accepting Change

Hello ppl,

I am on a trip rite now to my native, Kumaon. Distance gives perspective and time, both much needed to write. The inspiration for this piece is a plain old boring fact (being that: Everthing that is will change) and my learnings from the same. As much as a cribbo I am, I am learning to ride the wave :) and not 'crib' bout yesterday's calm seas! :P Without much ado, here it is...

Accepting Change

I know it isn't advisable
I know it is probably no worth
as much as I try to stay in the now
my thoughts sway back and forth.

Another time it was
another time it is now
as I sit, smile and wonder
times sure have changed and how!

I know that change is constant
for what is know shall not remain so
accepting change still takes some effort
just knowing it doesn't mean being so!

I could dwell into the details
as I am tempted to draw compare
what good would it bring though
just some more pain and despair.

As by each passing day
I come across something new
something that wasn't so before
I stand and witness the changing hues.

Some shades hit me hard
Others I smile as I swathe
as I try to pull up my walls
and take shelter in my tested faith.

For all the derivatives that have changed
I hope the underlying has stayed the same
familiar respite I find in the ink and paper
and am back to the now from the memory lanes.


My trip is coming to an end now and have another inspiration to be penned down, about my trip and my experience here :) Hope I am able to put it to words :)

So long ppl,
PC

2 comments:

Abha said...

'as I try to pull up my walls
and take shelter in my tested faith.'
nice lines :)
when i read your stuff i feel 'Gosh he writes like a poet!'
and you are still kind enough to call my poems 'poems'

PC said...

hehe...thanx Abhs :) good to know i stil have an audience! :P n well my words mite be at times be better, but the are just the looks u no..not the soul...so yea u do write poems! :)